California Roll Recipe
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1/2 cup -
Sushi Rice (Sushi Rice Recipe)
- 1/4 Cucumber
- 2 - Crab Sticks
- 2 teaspoons - Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 bowl - Warm Vinagered Water (Vinegared Water Recipe)
- Take the half sheet of nori and put it shiny side down, with the long side facing you.
- Dip your hands in the bowl of vinagered water. The vinagered water is used to prevent the sushi rice from sticking. You want your hands to be damp, not wet.
- Gently pat and spread the 1/2 cup of sushi rice in an even layer on each sheet using your fingers. Do not mash or smear the rice on the nori.
- Sprinkle the 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame seeds over the rice.
- Flip it over so that the rice is against the sushi rolling mat.
- Cut the avocado into thin crescent shaped pieces.
- Cut the cucumber into thin sticks.
- Cut the crab sticks in half lengthwise.
- Place the avocado, cucumber and crab sticks horizontally across the nori.
- Roll the sushi using the "inside out" (Uramaki) sushi rolling method.
- On the cutting board, cut the california roll in half.
- Take the two halves, place them side by side, and cut the in half again.
- Cut all pieces in half again, which should leave you with 8 pieces.