Crab and Avocado Roll Recipe
- 1 Nori Sheet
- 1/2 cup -
Sushi Rice (Sushi Rice Recipe)
- 2 - Crab Sticks (or 2 ounces of lump crab meat) -
- 1/4 - Avocado
- 2 teaspoons - Mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon - Soy Sauce
- 1 bowl - Warm Vinagered Water (Vinegared Water Recipe)
- Chop the crab sticks (or pick through can of lump crab meat for shells), into small pieces that will break up when you mix them.
- In a bowl, mix the crab sticks (or crab meat), mayonnaise and soy sauce together.
- Take the half sheet of nori and put it shiny side down, with the long side facing you.
- Dip your hands in the bowl of vinagered water. The vinagered water is used to prevent the sushi rice from sticking. You want your hands to be damp, not wet.
- Gently pat and spread the 1/2 cup of sushi rice in an even layer on each sheet using your fingers. Do not mash or smear the rice on the nori.
- Slice the avocado into thin, crescent shaped pieces.
- Place the crab mixture horizontally across the nori.
- Place the avocado horizontally across the nori.
- Roll the sushi using the Maki sushi rolling method.
- On the cutting board, cut the crab and avacado roll in half.
- Take the two halves, place them side by side, and cut the in half again.
- Cut all pieces in half again, which should leave you with 8 pieces.