Jazz Roll Recipe
- 1 -
Soy Wrapper Sheet
- 1 cup -
Sushi Rice (Sushi Rice Recipe)
- 2 - 4 - Boiled Shrimp (depending on size)
- 2 pieces - Asparagus
- 2 - Crab Sticks
- 1/2 tbsp - Mayonnaise
- Pot of Boiling Water
- 1 bowl - Warm Vinagered Water (Vinegared Water Recipe)
- Boil a medium sized pot of water.
- Place the asparagus into the pot of boiling water for 45 to 60 seconds to blanch it.
- Boil shrimp for 3-4 minutes or until cooked. Try not to overcook them as they get tough when they are overcooked.
- Pat boiled shrimp dry.
- Take the sheet of soybean wrapper and put it on the bamboo rolling mat with the long side facing you.
- Dip your hands in the bowl of vinagered water. The vinagered water is used to prevent the sushi rice from sticking. You want your hands to be damp, not wet.
- Gently pat and spread the 1 cup of sushi rice in an even layer on each sheet using your fingers. Do not mash or smear the rice on the soybean wrapper.
- Cut the shrimp into pieces so that they can be put in a line across the roll.
- Cut the bottom third off of the asparagus.
- Chop the crab sticks into fine pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of mayonnaise to mixing bowl with crab sticks and mix.
- Spread crab mixture horizontally across the rice.
- Place the boiled shrimp horizontally across the rice.
- Place the asparagus horizontally across the rice.
- Roll the sushi using the Maki sushi rolling method.
- On the cutting board, cut the jazz roll in half.
- Take the two halves, place them side by side, and cut the in half again.
- Cut all pieces in half again, which should leave you with 8 pieces.