Philadelphia Roll Recipe
- 1/2 cup -
Sushi Rice (Sushi Rice Recipe)
- 2 ounces - Raw Salmon Sashimi
- 2 tablespoons - Cream Cheese
- 2 sticks - Asparagus
- 1 bowl - Warm Vinagered Water (Vinegared Water Recipe)
- 1 medium pot - boiling water
- Boil a medium sized pot of water.
- Place the asparagus into the pot of boiling water for 45 to 60 seconds to blanch it.
- Take the half sheet of nori and put it shiny side down, with the long side facing you.
- Dip your hands in the bowl of vinagered water. The vinagered water is used to prevent the sushi rice from sticking. You want your hands to be damp, not wet.
- Gently pat and spread the 1/2 cup of sushi rice in an even layer on each sheet using your fingers. Do not mash or smear the rice on the nori.
- Cut the salmon into long, thin sticks.
- Cut the cream cheese into long, thin sticks.
- Place the salmon horizontally across the nori.
- Place the cream cheese horizontally across the nori.
- Place the aparagus horizontally across the nori.
- Roll the sushi using the Maki sushi rolling method.
- On the cutting board, cut the philadelphia roll in half.
- Take the two halves, place them side by side, and cut the in half again.
- Cut all pieces in half again, which should leave you with 8 pieces.