Spicy Salmon Roll Recipe
- Take the half sheet of nori and put it shiny side down, with the long side facing you.
- Dip your hands in the bowl of vinagered water. The vinagered water is used to prevent the sushi rice from sticking. You want your hands to be damp, not wet.
- Gently pat and spread the 1/2 cup of sushi rice in an even layer on each sheet using your fingers. Do not mash or smear the rice on the nori.
- Cut the salmon into long, thin sticks.
- Slice the avocado into thin, crescent shaped pieces.
- Cut the cucumber into long, thin sticks.
- Place the salmon horizontally across the nori.
- Place drops of Siracha along the Yellowtail (Hamachi). Place the drops about 1/2" apart.
- Place the cucumber horizontally across the nori.
- Place the avocado horizontally across the nori.
- Roll the sushi using the Maki sushi rolling method.
- On the cutting board, cut the spicy salmon roll in half.
- Take the two halves, place them side by side, and cut the in half again.
- Cut all pieces in half again, which should leave you with 8 pieces.