Spicy Tuna Roll Recipe
- 1/2 cup -
Sushi Rice (Sushi Rice Recipe)
- 1 ounce - Raw Tuna Sashimi
- 1/4 teaspoon - mayonnaise
- Pinch of Chili Powder
- 1 bowl - Warm Vinagered Water (Vinegared Water Recipe)
- Take the half sheet of nori and put it shiny side down, with the long side facing you.
- Dip your hands in the bowl of vinagered water. The vinagered water is used to prevent the sushi rice from sticking. You want your hands to be damp, not wet.
- Gently pat and spread the 1/2 cup of sushi rice in an even layer on each sheet using your fingers. Do not mash or smear the rice on the nori.
- Chop the tuna.
- Mix tuna, mayonnaise and chile powder.
- Place the tuna horizontally across the nori.
- Roll the sushi using the Maki sushi rolling method.
- On the cutting board, cut the spicy tuna roll in half.
- Take the two halves, place them side by side, and cut the in half again.
- Cut all pieces in half again, which should leave you with 8 pieces.