Yellowtail (Hamachi) Roll Recipe
- 1/2 cup - Sushi Rice (Sushi Rice Recipe)
- 1 ounce - Raw Yellowtail (Hamachi) Sashimi
- 1 - Green Onion
- 1 bowl - Warm Vinagered Water (Vinegared Water Recipe)
- Take the half sheet of nori and put it shiny side down, with the long side facing you.
- Dip your hands in the bowl of vinagered water. The vinagered water is used to prevent the sushi rice from sticking. You want your hands to be damp, not wet.
- Gently pat and spread the 1/2 cup of sushi rice in an even layer on each sheet using your fingers. Do not mash or smear the rice on the nori.
- Cut the Yellowtail (Hamachi) into long, thin sticks.
- Chop the green onion.
- Place the Yellowtail (Hamachi) horizontally across the nori.
- Spread some of the chopped green onion horizontally across the nori.
- Roll the sushi using the Maki sushi rolling method.
- On the cutting board, cut the hamachi (yellowtail) roll in half.
- Take the two halves, place them side by side, and cut the in half again.
- Cut all pieces in half again, which should leave you with 8 pieces.